Training & Certification
Standards are of utmost importance to Carefree Boat Club and that does not exclude our boating certification classes. We make our student experience the number one priority. We take learning material mandated by the state and piques interest by using a multitude of learning methods and real-life experiences shared by our captains. Sitting through our course is so much fun that you’ll feel like you just watched a great movie. Course materials are presented in a clear and easy-to-understand format. Indeed our course is approved by Connecticut’s Department of Environmental and Energy Protection’s (DEEP) Boating division, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrator’s (NASBLA) and Recognized by the United States Coast Guard (USCG).
ON THE WATER
MEMBERS WILL LEARN:
· The ResNet reservation system, including how to make a reservation and when they can be made, how to get a boat the same day using spur of the moment reservations and how to cancel a reservation.
· The boat check-in and check-out procedure for morning and afternoon reservations.
· How to secure the boat to a dock and how to place fenders.
· Where to find and how to use boating safety equipment, including the fire extinguisher, flares, throw cushion, life vests, etc.
· The different parts of the boat, such as nav lights, bilge, electronics panel, throttle, navigation equipment, etc.
· Radio procedures, what channels to use for what type of calls, such as mayday, weather updates, Sea Tow, etc.
· About the local waterways. How to use local charts, where points of interest and hazards are, and the locations of channels and no wake zones.
· How and where to dispose of waste, and the consequences of doing so improperly.
· How to start the boat and how to troubleshoot if problems arise.
· How to launch the boat from the dock and where to stow equipment when underway.
· What to do if the boat breaks down.
· The procedure for fueling the boat.
· How to dock the boat on different types of docks and slips.
· How to make extended hours reservations.
Can't make it to the dock?
No problem! Download Our Virtual Tour!