Boat Trades & Management
Do you have a quality boat and desire to leverage it to gain so much more?
Boat Ownership can be expensive and at times risky. Plus no one boat does it all. Most families share that their needs and wants vary and they feel limited by one boat at times. Others tell us owning and caring for their own boat is much more expensive than they anticipated. Call today to discuss the following attractive options to trade in/sell your boat or use it to gain membership:
Trade-In against Membership
Consider trading your boat in to receive equal or greater value against your boat club membership’s initiation fee and dues. You will gain access to multiple boat types with no ownership expenses or liabilities. We use NADA and Kelly Bluebook to determine fair trade-in value plus we must discern whether the boat is a reasonable fit for use in our Club fleet or better suited for resale. We are currently seeking a deck boat, a center console, or a 22′-25′ family bowrider for the Club’s fleet.
A Boat Management Agreement
If you have a boat and prefer not to sell it/trade it in, consider leveraging that asset within the win-win arrangement of a Boat Management Agreement. You maintain ownership of the boat and will enjoy membership benefits without the conventional expense or risk of owning one boat. Using a simple lease formula, we calculate a market-value lease payment amount and factor it against membership rates. If the lease payment amount is more than membership dues, CBC pays the difference to you and vice-versa. Agreements are seldom more than 24 months initially but may be renewed if mutually agreed. BMAs may also be cancelled early with 4 months notice should CBC no longer need the boat or the owner/member desires the boat back.
Owner/member will be responsible for:
- warranty work (facilitate and/or assist in warranty work requests, if applicable)
- registrations & renewals
- personal property taxes
- electronics or equipment upgrades (only if a value-added and permanently installed item)
- bottom maintenance such as hull cleaning or painting as deemed necessary
- any major repairs such as engine failure, manifold/riser failure, starter, alternator, outdrive failure and servicing (deemed not at fault of member or CBC),
CBC will be responsible for:
- regular maintenance (fluid & filter changes, etc)
- timely repairs due to fault of member use plus minor routine repairs
- keeping detailed maintenance/repair records
- maintaining liability insurance (proof of insurance to be provided to owner annually)
- payment of slip fee(s) and any off-season storage fee(s)
- weekly & monthly checklists (hull, motor, electronics, and safety equipment)
- annual USCG safety inspections
- cleanliness and detailing
- weather preparations and precautions (ie: hurricane, tropical storm, etc)
- pressure wash hull as needed (if trailer is accessible)
- securely storing trailer (if applicable)
If you own a boat and want more – consider the above options. We look forward to assessing your boat’s value and after considering your needs, creating a mutually beneficial arrangement that keeps your family On the Water. Call 804-505-3077 or fill out the form to get started.