Get out and experience what the deeper waters of the area offer with Southern California boat share clubs. Fishing, water skiing, tubing, or other boating activities await. The up-front cost of boat purchase, or the limited selection at local rental facilities may take the activity off the agenda.
- The cost of a membership at a boat club like Carefree Boat Club includes a one-time up-front fee, and a flat annual fee thereafter. These fees cover insurance, license, registration, maintenance, repairs and replacements, and any other fees you would encounter through a private rental company. No matter where you are in Southern California or how long you plan to be out on the water, the annual club membership fee covers everything.
A small rental shop with a limited staff may not be able to respond quickly when you have an urgent problem. Owning your boat means finding care and maintenance services yourself. A boat club has a large staff dedicated to customer service, including a maintenance team to handle repairs quickly and efficiently should a problem arise so you can get back out on the water.
Education and Safety
Your state of residence offers boating safety courses so everyone can be safe and have fun on local waterways. Laws also require operators of a certain age to hold a boating certificate. When you are part of a boat club, your membership includes teaching you how to operate the boat safely and legally in accordance with state and local laws. You’ll still need to obtain personal licenses and certificates, but our staff can help!
Types of Boats
Some locally-based rental companies may offer different types of boats, but the carrying costs – maintenance, license, insurance, and the rest – vary depending on vessel type. This may result in limited selection and increased cost of renting another vessel when you want a change. When you join Carefree Boat Club, you have access to a large fleet of sailboats and powerboats, so you’ll have access to the vessel that suits your needs.
Many people don’t make major purchases like boats, cars, and other large items annually. When you purchase, you may hang on to the item for a number of years before trading it in for the newest model. Small rental companies may do the same due to their own limited budgets. Partnering with a boat club offers you access to the best whenever you board one of our vessels. Your membership fee goes toward maintaining our current fleet, as well as purchasing some of the greatest boats the industry has to offer with the latest technology and advancements in construction and safety. You’ll be able to enjoy a past favorite or try out something totally new.
Reservations for Southern California Boat Share Clubs
By joining a boat club, you can reserve your boat well ahead of your arrival, or even the same day. You can be confident the boat you chose at one of our Southern California clubs through the online booking system is the boat you and your crew will be boarding when you arrive. You don’t have to worry about watching the clock while you’re out at sea. Your reservation comes with unlimited use throughout the course of the reservation. Take the boat out for a quick spin or spend all day soaking up the sun.
Storage and Transportation
- When you join a club, you won’t have to worry about transportation or storage. Your boat has its own slip assigned to it. You’ll dock and set sail from the same space every day. If you decide to switch boats, trading your sailboat for a powerboat, that powerboat has its own slip, too! You won’t have to worry where your boat will be or how you’re going to get to it each day. Simply arrive at the club and head to the slip. Your vessel will be waiting, clean and fueled, for you to start your day’s nautical adventure.
- Year-Round Boating
- When you join a boat club like Carefree Boat Club, you don’t have the stress and headache of transporting your boat long distances so you can spend time on the water. You can head to your destination and visit your local club and be out on the water in no time. There are Carefree Boat Club locations throughout Southern California – there’s a club not far from where you are with a boat that’s ready for you to set sail, January through December.
- Free Tour Before Commitment
- The staff at Carefree Boat Club want you to be well-informed before making a membership commitment. Make sure to explore the website for everything you need to know, then schedule a free tour at a club close to you. You’ll meet our staff, get a tour of the facilities and available vessels, and learn all about our operations. You’ll even have access to our safety and training classes that day so you’ll be prepared to set sail within days of joining.
- Contact one of our Southern California locations today to start the Carefree boating lifestyle today!