Contributor – Carefree Boat Club of Southern CT
We hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season. With the holidays behind us, boating season is in sight! Today’s informational email will address Club stats, a new Foreign Reservation Policy and a 2020 schedule for CT Safe Boating classes. There is also a link that will provide you information on an upcoming navigation course that will take place in Greenwich.
Club Stats: During the 2019 boating season Carefree of Southern CT had 24 boats operating out of our 5 locations. There were 3,179 total usages last season and the average number of usages per member was 16. Here’s a fun fact for you – the average New England boat owner uses their boat 12 times per year or about 75 hours. That means our members boat (on average) 4 more times than someone who owns their own boat!
Carefree Boat Club’s Foreign Reservation Policy: We are happy to announce Carefree has increased the number of outings for members to enjoy locations throughout the U.S. Members can now book three (3) half day outings per location through the calendar year. The former policy allowed members five (5) half day reservations for the entire year. Foreign Reservations are an additional benefit for CBC members. These reservations are in addition to your membership plan with CBC of Southern CT – Rye, Stamford, Westport, Bridgeport and Milford.
As in the past, all foreign reservations must be made on-line through the ResNet system. Some locations you find on the Carefree website may not be listed in ResNet as new Clubs are exempt for accepting foreign reservations for sixty (60) days following their opening. Also, the CBC Network can designate certain locations as a “destination location” that will require members to pay additional fees.
Please find below specific information regarding Foreign Reservations. You will also find information on how to make a Foreign Reservations by selecting the link attached below.
- Members must be in good standing with home Club and completed and passed their on the water training
- Members must have taken an approved safe boating course and have proof of Connecticut, New York or New Jersey certification with them on the day of reservation
- Members must have provided their home Club with a copy of certification, which must be added to ResNet to complete their reservation request
- Members must have been a member of their home Club for at least 30 days or be approved/endorsed by their home Club
- Only one weekend reservation may be on the books at one time
- Only one weekday reservation may be on the books at one time
- Reservation requests must be made at least two business days prior to the date of reservation and not more than sixty days prior
- Foreign reservations can be cancelled by contacting the Network reservationist during normal business hours. Any reservation cancelled within 48 hours (except for weather) or no shows, will count toward the three half-day reservation limit for that location and year.
For members who are planning to travel and enjoy the Foreign Reservation Policy, please contact Marybeth to confirm a copy of your boating certificate is on file.
We are happy to let you know that our Senior Dock Masters, Dock Masters and Staff will all be returning for our 2020 boating season. Your feedback received during the 2019 season has provided us the ability to target areas where improvement is required. As always, the goal of our entire staff is to provide you with only the highest level of customer service.