Contributor: Stuart Schmidt, Carefree Boat Club of Northern California
The Sacramento River Delta is a boater’s paradise with sloughs that meander for miles and miles and there are many Sacramento boat rental options in the area. However, Sacramento boat rentals can be expensive if you go more than once a year and owning your own boat is a great deal of work. Fortunately, there’s a third option to enjoy boating regularly on the delta and that’s with us at Carefree Boat Club of Northern California! Unlike typical Sacramento boat rentals where you only pay for one day, with us you are a member year-round and have access to any of our boats. There’s no limit on how many reservations you can make in a year and you have reciprocity at all other Carefree Boat Clubs in the US. We then take care of all the hard parts of boat maintenance. All you have to do is show up to our dock and your boat will be ready for you!
But before you get to the dock, there’s some boating essentials that you’ll need to enjoy your day of boating:
- Sunscreen! It’s super sunny out on river and light reflects off the water making it even more bright (and you can still get burned on cloudy days too). Be sure to get the proper SPF (preferably 50) and make sure it is at least waterproof up to 80 minutes and reapply every 80 minutes.
- Sunglasses-ones that have at least UV400 protection. Look online for the right kind (some float too!)
- Bottled fresh water and lots of it. Regardless of how hot or cold it is on the river it is easy to get dehydrated out there especially when consuming sodas or responsibly drinking adult beverages.
- A great wide-brimmed hat. A cap simply won’t do as it only partially covers the face.
- Inner tubes to float on while swimming.
- A shirt, shorts and sandals. There are many great eateries along the delta but you need to be fully clothed to enter most of them.
See? With Carefree Boat Club all you have to worry about is the easy stuff and let us handle the hard stuff about boating. So give us a call and we’ll show how we are a cheaper and easier alternative to boat ownership or a Sacramento boat rental!
Carefree Boat Club of Northern California: Are you looking to enjoy boating in Northern California without the cost and time commitment of owning? Carefree Boat Club is your solution! We offer memberships for unlimited usage of our entire fleet at Carefree Boat Club of Northern California. For more information on becoming a Carefree Boat Club member in Northern CA, contact us here.