Welcome to your gateway to Washington DC and Potomac River boating. Gangplank Marina has a long history as the premier marina in DC. waters and is serves not only Washington but also all of the Northern Virginia and Maryland Suburbs.
Washington, DC 20024
- Floating docks and piers
- Lighted parking lot for slip holders and guests with valid permits
- Parking lot and gate security provided by licensed Security Company
- Marina is totally gated for personal security
- Courtesy Dock Carts
- Compressor driven “Bubbler System” for dock and pier ice protection
- Laundry (new washers & dryers – 2008)
- Pump out system on the dock (you don’t have to go to a fuel pier – we come to you)
- Telephone and CATV
- Waste Oil facilities
- 2008 – Newly remodeled restrooms
- On-site Restaurant – Canta Marina Restaurant
Bodies of Water
Carefree Boat Club at Gangplank Marina is located on Washington Channel which runs along Maine Avenue just east of the Tidal Basin. On the south side of Washington Channel is East Potomac Park, a peninsula ending at it’s eastern tip at Haines Point. The eastern end of Washington Channel meets with the mouth of the Annacostia River, and together they flow into the Potomac. Washington DC is 110 miles up the Potomac River from the Chesapeake Bay.
- Washington Nationals Ball Park
- Southwest DC Fish Market
- Jenny’s Asian Fusion
- Smithsonian Castle
- National Mall
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
- National Gallery of Art
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Washington Monument
- The Wharf
Images and sources: Cantina Marina, WharfDC
Other Related Articles
Do you have any other questions about boating without owning or the Carefree Boat Club Washington DC location?
Let us know via our contact form or on Facebook or Twitter.