Contributor: Carefree Boat Club of Southern CT
- Accepting lines from the dock staff and coiling and stowing the line out of the way to be easily retrieved when needed
- Pulling in and stowing away fenders
- When docking the captain must communicate with the crew where the boat will be berthed, for example: Bow in or stern in, port side or starboard side tie up, wind and current directions
- The captain then needs to assign duties to the crew
- Hang fender on port or starboard side
- Add three docking lines to port or starboard side Bow, Stern and center cleats
- Have crew ready to toss lines to dock staff when arriving. It is very important that you have the crew ready to act and involved to avoid any mishaps and to make docking easier.