Do you need ideas for how to ring in 2016 and are in the Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia areas? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve compiled a list of area happenings so you don’t have to!
- Cruise the Potomac! (Of course boating is number one on the list!) If you don’t have access to a boat, consider taking a trip on the Odyssey or the Spirit of Washington.
- Dance the night away with the family during one of many cities’ First Night celebrations!
- It wouldn’t be New Years Eve without fireworks! First Night in Alexandria will have fireworks, and the City Dock in Annapolis boasts an impressive display.
- Say goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016 with dinner at one of your favorite restaurants. Many restaurants offer New Years Eve dining specials. You may need a reservation, so give them a call today.
- Many hotels offer room specials and hold events on premises. Just like the restaurants, you will likely need a reservation, so contact them soon!
- If you don’t feel like venturing out into the crowd, consider spending New Year’s Eve at home watching the ball drop from the comfort of your living room. Reservations not necessary!
However you choose to ring in the New Year, please do so responsibly. Call a cab, an Uber, a Lyft, etc. to transport you from one location to another in a safely and soberly. Happy New Year!
Do you have any other questions about boating without owning or the Carefree Boat Club Washington DC location?