By: Paul StandringAdd New
Boating in Wisconsin is here! If you haven’t already, now is the time to start planning your playlist for that long-awaited first day you’re able to get back on the water.
Obviously, not everybody has the same taste. For example, the quintessential water-loving music comes from Jimmy Buffet (a personal favorite), but since not everybody is a Parrothead (who doesn’t love A Pirate Looks at 40?), there are certainly plenty of others. Kenny Chesney, who some consider the country music version of Buffet, has some tunes that will get you in the mood.
Here are some songs, in no particular order that will definitely get you in the boating spirit.
- Toes (Zac Brown Band)
- Come Sail Away (Styx)
- 5 O’clock Somewhere (Alan Jackson)
- Jammin’ (Bob Marley)
- All Summer Long (Kid Rock)
- Redneck Yacht Club (Craig Morgan)
- Southern Cross (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
- Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffet)
- Rock the Boat (Hughes Corporation)
- Knee Deep (Zac Brown, Jimmy Buffet)
- If I Had a Boat (Lyle Lovett)
- Pontoon (Little Big Town)
- Boys of Summer (Don Henley)
- Summer Nights (Rascal Flatts)
- Surf Song (Bag of Toys)
- Son of a Son of a Sailor (Jimmy Buffet)
- Copacabana (Barry Manilow)
- Some Beach (Blake Shelton)
And of course, there’s the Beach Boys. Their music goes hand in hand with fun times on the water. There’s Surfin’ USA, Sloop John B, Good Vibrations, California Girls… the Beach Boys’ tunes just made you want to have fun by the water.
For Milwaukee, Lake Geneva and Delavan members, create your playlist and book your boat https://milwaukee.reservemyboat.com/!