FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT TYPE OF BOATS WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO?
- 17’-27’ Power Boats
- Center Consoles, Cabin Cruiser, Deck Boats, Bowriders, Dual Console, etc.
- All boats in OUR FLEET are 3 years old or newer.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I BOAT?
- Members can boat an Unlimited amount of times. Boat as much as you like.
WHAT ABOUT TRAINING?
- Members receive free, unlimited “On the Water” training with our Captain. Training covers navigation, docking, anchoring, and safety.
HOW MANY LOCATIONS?
- 60+ Locations Nationwide and Counting
DO YOU HAVE FULL TIME DOCK STAFF?
- YES. Our dock staff is always there to assist our members. Leave the cleaning for us! Boating doesn’t get any easier than this.
CAN I USE THE BOATS FOR AN OVERNIGHT OUTING?
- YES. Once you are certified for overnight privileges.
DO YOU HAVE MEMBER SOCIAL EVENTS?
- We offer members a variety of social events and seminars to take part in. Please see our Member News and Blog page for all of our upcoming events.
IS INSURANCE INCLUDED WITH MEMBERSHIP?
- YES. Insurance is included. CBC maintains insurance that covers vessels, members, and guests.
WHAT IF THE BOAT FAILS WHILE I AM BOATING?
- No problem! Give our dock staff a call and we will send help to bring you back to the docks.
DO MY DUES INCREASE YEAR TO YEAR?
- Absolutely not. However, most of our members lock in their price with an annual contract. Prices are locked in for up to 3 years or the length of your contract.
HOW MANY HOURS CAN I BOAT EACH DAY?
- There are two half-day time slots you can reserve a boat for: 8:00am – 1:00pm and 2:00pm – 7:00pm. Full day reservations are available as well.
WHAT ARE THE POPULAR BOATING DESTINATIONS AROUND YOUR MARINA?
- Leisure Boating: Long Island Sound, Green Port, Connecticut River, Mystic River,
- Fishing: 6-mile, Southwest Reef, The Race
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
- You can become a member by calling us at (866) 826-2846 or by submitting an inquire at https://carefreeboats.com/locations/shoreline-ct/
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CANCEL MY RESERVATION?
- Nothing! Just give us a call. Communication is key. There is no penalty for canceling a reservation.
DO I HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT?
- Many members prefer a contract to lock in pricing, but we have payment options for all members.
WHO CAN DRIVE THE BOAT?
- Our insurance company requires only Authorized members on the contract to operate the boat. However, you can add multiple people on your contract.
WILL THERE BE A POTTY ON THE BOAT?
- YES. All of our boats are outfitted with portable heads. We take care of pumping out the heads and ensuring they are clean for you to use.
HOW DO I RESERVE A BOAT?
- Reservations can be made online from two days up to six months in advance by logging in to RESNET, our online reservation portal. You may also call 1-866-U-BOATING to schedule a reservation.
HOW MANY RESERVATIONS CAN I HAVE AT ONE TIME?
- To maintain availability for all members, members may have a maximum of four rolling reservations at any given time.
CAN I CALL ON THE SAME DAY TO GET A BOAT?
- YES. Simply call the dock staff to find what’s available for “Spur of the Moment” use. Spur of the Moment use does not count as a reservation and is Unlimited.
HOW DO I KNOW I WILL GET A BOAT?
- Carefree Boat Club has been making boats available to members for 15 years. With locations all over the country, we track boat usage by type and location, and can predict with accuracy when a boat needs to be added, or when we need to cap memberships. As the premier nationwide boating club, we understand the importance of boat availability.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- A membership to our club is structured like joining a gym or country club. We have different membership options available. Please call 1-866-U- Boating or come visit us to learn more about which membership plan is right for you.
WHAT DO I PAY FOR WHEN I BOAT EACH TIME?
- You only pay for the fuel you consume.
CAN I BOAT AT OTHER CARE FREE LOCATIONS?
- The Clinton marina will be your main boating location, but you will have access to 80+ Care Free locations around the country at a limit to 5 reservations annually.
HOW DO I REFUEL THE BOAT?
- Your boat will always be waiting with a full tank of gas. Our franchise location has fuel flow meters and don’t require you to fill up your own boat. We handle all the hassle of fueling the boat for you. (Fuel consumption charges are not included in a membership)
WHAT SAFETY EQUIPMENT IS ON THE BOAT
- All boats have US Coast Guard required equipment including life jackets, a fire extinguisher, sound equipment, and flares. Boats are checked for this equipment by both the dock staff and member prior to departure.
CAN I USE THE BOAT TO FISH, TUBE, OR WAKEBOARD?
- Yes! You may use the boat for any activity you desire. Whether it be for fishing, water sports, or simply cruising around on the water.
WHO CAN I BRING WITH? CAN I BRING DOGS?
- Each member may invite as many guests as the Club’s stated capacity for a given boat. Most of our boats safely handle up to 10 people. Dogs are welcome anywhere on the boat except within the cabin for sanitary concerns.
HOW DO YOU QUALIFY MEMBERS?
- Membership is open to boaters of any skill level, 21 years of age and older. Whether you’ve never boated before, or you’ve boated for years, CareFree Boat Club welcomes you as a member!
HOW SOON CAN I GET ON THE WATER AFTER JOINING?
- As soon as we can determine your boating experience with an on the water boating test, you will be approved to start boating as soon as possible.