FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT TYPE OF BOATS WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO?
- 17’-27’ Power Boats
- Center Consoles, Cabin Cruiser, Deck Boats, Bowriders, Dual Console, etc.
- All boats in OUR FLEET are 3 years old or newer.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN I BOAT?
- Members can boat an Unlimited amount of times. Boat as much as you like.
WHAT ABOUT TRAINING?
- Members receive free, unlimited “On the Water” training with our Captain. Training covers navigation, docking, anchoring, and safety.
HOW MANY LOCATIONS?
- 60+ Locations Nationwide and Counting
DO YOU HAVE FULL TIME DOCK STAFF?
- YES. Our dock staff is always there to assist our members. Leave the cleaning for us! Boating doesn’t get any easier than this.
CAN I USE THE BOATS FOR AN OVERNIGHT OUTING?
- YES. Once you are certified for overnight privileges.
DO YOU HAVE MEMBER SOCIAL EVENTS?
- We offer members a variety of social events and seminars to take part in. Please see our Member News and Blog page for all of our upcoming events.
IS INSURANCE INCLUDED WITH MEMBERSHIP?
YES. Insurance is included. CBC maintains insurance that covers vessels, members, and guests.
HOW DO I RESERVE A BOAT?
- Reservations can be made online from two days up to six months in advance by logging in to RESNET, our online reservation portal. You may also call 1-866-U-BOATING to schedule a reservation.
HOW MANY RESERVATIONS CAN I HAVE AT ONE TIME?
- To maintain availability for all members, members may have a maximum of four rolling reservations at any given time.
CAN I CALL ON THE SAME DAY TO GET A BOAT?
- YES. Simply call the dock staff to find what’s available for “Spur of the Moment” use. Spur of the Moment use does not count as a reservation and is Unlimited.
HOW DO I KNOW I WILL GET A BOAT?
- Carefree Boat Club has been making boats available to members for 15 years. With locations all over the country, we track boat usage by type and location, and can predict with accuracy when a boat needs to be added, or when we need to cap memberships. As the premier nationwide boating club, we understand the importance of boat availability.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- A membership to our club is structured like joining a gym or country club. We have different membership options available. Please call 1-866-U- Boating or come visit us to learn more about which membership plan is right for you.
WHAT DO I PAY FOR WHEN I BOAT EACH TIME?
- You only pay for the fuel you consume.