Call Us at 704-557-0848
Welcome to Carefree Boat Club! Thank you for choosing to visit our site and learn more about boating the carefree way. Carefree Boat Club is your alternative to buying a boat.
Carefree Boat Club strives to provide our customers an affordable boating experience that is fun, easy, safe and hassle free through professional boat safety training, quality maintenance, excellent customer service, and unsurpassed industry knowledge.
Learn how to become a member:
Contact our membership director (using the form at right) to schedule a tour
About this club
Morningstar Kings Point Marina
Location in reference to body of water
Located just 20 minutes from downtown Charlotte on Lake Norman, Kings Point is the largest marine facility in North Carolina featuring wet slips and fully-enclosed dry storage facilities, along with amenities designed around your boating lifestyle.
- 800 slip marina with indoor dry storage and wet slips
- 30 amp electrical service and water hook-ups
- Ship’s Store and concierge services to assist you
- Full service gas dock with non-ethanol marine-grade fuel
- Carts for loading and unloading your boat
- Shaded picnic area with table and gas grills
- Clubhouse available for private parties and events
- Bathhouse with full showers and lockers
What is there to do from this marina
Lake Norman, the largest man-made lake in the Carolinas, is the place for fun in the sun! Created in 1963 by Duke Energy, Lake Norman is 34 miles long with 520 miles of shoreline. Lake Norman offers numerous attractions to explore. From Lake Norman, you may enjoy the ease of traveling anywhere in the state. We’re just north of Charlotte, and the mountains and coast are only a short drive away. Whatever your desire, find it outside your door in Lake Norman!
Nestled on the banks of beautiful Lake Norman are the Towns of Cornelius, Davidson and Huntersville. These unique towns present a wide array of leisure amenities for visitors and guests including upscale shopping, year-round golfing, NASCAR, fishing and other water activities.
What type of boats members have access to
Large variety of high quality, well powered boats, well suited for Lake Norman:
- Boats from Sea Ray, Chaparral, Cobalt, Bennington and Catalina, regarded as some of the finest boats in the industry. This means proven performance, functionality, and durability.
- Four 26’ boats, two performance pontoons (triple tube, high horsepower for superior performance.