Welcome to Carefree Boat Club! Thank you for choosing to visit our site and learn more about boating the Carefree way. Carefree Boat Club is your alternative to renting or buying a boat.
Carefree Boat Club strives to provide our members an affordable boating experience that is fun, easy, safe and hassle free through professional boat safety training, quality maintenance, excellent customer service, and unsurpassed industry knowledge.
Learn how to become a member:
Contact our membership director (using the form at right) to schedule a tour
About this club
Operating from Morningstar Kings Point Marina, our Lake Norman Carefree Boat Club is located at the southern end of the lake where the water is deep and coves are plenty. We offer complimentary use of wakeboards, surf boards, tubes, water skis and knee boards and if you don’t know how to wakeboard or wake surf, we even offer complimentary lessons!
Morningstar Kings Point Marina is a full service marina with a dedicated staff of professionals serving customers boating needs
- Ship’s Store and concierge services to assist you
- Full service gas dock with non-ethanol marine-grade fuel
- Carts for loading and unloading your boat
- Shaded picnic area with table and gas grills
- Clubhouse available for private parties and events
- Bathhouse with full showers and change rooms
What is there to do from this marina
Lake Norman, the largest man-made lake in the Carolinas, is the place for fun in the sun! Whether you have a group of people or just a couple, Lake Norman has a lot for you to do. With miles of shoreline and protected coves, tubing, skiing and wakeboarding are great water sports that can be enjoyed on the lake. If you’re just into pontoon cruising followed by a sunset dinner, try our favorite spots on the lake, Port City Club. The food is great, service is awesome and of course, accessible by boat
What type of boats members have access to
At the Lake Norman Carefree Boat Club you will always have the right boat for every activity, whether you want to cruise the lake on a triple-toon performance pontoon, or relax on a double decker pontoon while the kids enjoy the wet slide from the upper deck – we have you covered! Or, maybe you’re feeling sportier and would like to do some tubing, kneeboarding, water skiing, wake surfing or wakeboarding. Again, we have you covered! Sailing – no problem, enjoy our 25′ Catalina and if you don;t know how to sail, we’ll teach you! Plus, like all of our Carefree Boats nationwide, the fleet is reserved exclusively for our members.
Our boats include:
- Double Decker Pontoons, 25’, 12 people, crusing, tubing and sliding off into the lake!
- Triple-toon performance pontoon, 25’, 14 people, crusing, tubing, skiing
- Deckboats, 26’, 12 people, wakeboarding, tubing, skiing
- Bowriders, 22′ – 27′, up to 16 people, wakeboarding, tubing, skiing
- Sailboats, 25′, 6 people, sailing, cruising (lessons included)
- Center Console Fishing, 21′, 8 people, fishing, tubing, cruising
- Wakeboard / Wake Surf boats, 23′, 12 people, wakeboarding wake surfing (lessons included)