Boat Trade Ins
Do you have a quality boat you would consider leveraging for membership in our club?
Boat ownership can be expensive and sometimes risky. Plus, no single boat type does it all. Most families say that their needs vary from one family member to the next, so they often feel limited by having just one type of boat. Others tell us that owning and maintaining their own boat is much more expensive and time consuming than they anticipated.
Call today to discuss the following attractive options to trade in, sell your boat or use it to gain membership:
Trade-In against Membership – Consider trading in your boat to receive equal or greater value against your boat club membership’s initiation fee and dues. You will gain access to multiple boat types with no ownership expenses or liabilities. We use NADA and Kelly Bluebook to determine fair trade-in value, then we must discern whether the boat is a reasonable fit for use in our club fleet or better suited for resale. We are currently seeking a 24’ – 26’ deck boat, 28′ – 30′ cruiser, or a 25′ – 27′ family bowrider for the Club’s fleet.
A Boat Management Agreement – If you have a boat and prefer not to sell it/trade it in, consider leveraging that asset within the win-win arrangement of a Boat Management Agreement. You maintain ownership of the boat and will enjoy membership benefits without the conventional expense or risk of owning one boat. Using a simple lease formula, we calculate a market-value lease payment amount and factor it against membership rates. If the lease payment amount is more than membership dues, CBC pays the difference to you and vice-versa. Agreements are seldom more than 24 months initially but may be renewed if mutually agreed. BMAs may also be cancelled early, with a four month notice, should CBC no longer need the boat or the owner/member desires the boat be returned to them.
Owner/member will be responsible for:
- warranty work (facilitate and/or assist in warranty work requests, if applicable)
- registrations & renewals
- personal property taxes
- electronics or equipment upgrades (only if a value-added and permanently installed item)
- bottom maintenance such as hull cleaning or painting as deemed necessary
- any major repairs such as engine failure, manifold/riser failure, starter, alternator, outdrive failure and servicing (deemed not at fault of member or CBC)
CBC will be responsible for:
- regular maintenance (fluid & filter changes, etc)
- timely repairs due to fault of member use plus minor routine repairs
- keeping detailed maintenance/repair records
- maintaining liability insurance (proof of insurance to be provided to owner annually)
- payment of slip / dry storage fee(s)
- weekly & monthly checklists (hull, motor, electronics, and safety equipment)
- annual USCG safety inspections
- cleanliness and detailing
- weather preparations and precautions (ie: hurricane, tropical storm, etc)
- pressure wash hull as needed (if trailer is accessible)
- securely storing trailer (if applicable)
If you own a boat and want more – consider the above options. We look forward to assessing your boat’s value and after considering your needs, creating a mutually beneficial arrangement that keeps your family on the water. Call 904-595-6841 or fill out our contact form to get started.